I am currently recruiting for an Industry Readiness Manager with the Bank of England.
You will be:
- Contributing to key industry forums where readiness, industry wide risks and issues will be handled and monitored;
- Working in close collaboration with industry to develop a clear understanding of what the change will mean (technical and operational) for firms to inform the Bank’s understanding of the change required and the risks associated with this;
- Developing detailed plans for readiness assessment and monitoring;
- Contributing to development of migration and contingency planning strategies for “go-live” events;
- Developing and agreeing key criteria and metrics for industry to report against – and operationalising this;
- Defining “go / no go” criteria for key migration events, the metrics that will inform this and managing collation of the information to inform decision making and governance;
- Defining and leading procurement activity to appoint a third party supplier to provide independent assessment of participant readiness;
- Reporting to senior Bank of England governance forums on industry readiness, key risks, issues and mitigation action;
- Review, analysing and challenging reporting received from the industry. Identifying common themes and issues across the industry and taking decisive actions with the rest of the Programme to resolve these.
You will have:
- Experience of managing industry readiness on industry wide change programmes;
- Experience of managing complexity and change and an awareness of the associated technical impacts to the organisation from having worked on complex projects and programmes involving broad-based business change;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This includes the ability to accurately analyse and draw conclusions from data, ability to prioritise demands, multi-task and work in an environment with multiple reporting lines;
- Highly collaborative attitude and team working skills;
- Excellent relationship management skills, including the ability to influence, command credibility at a senior level and drive collaborative behaviour across competing organisations;
- Strong project management skills, including ability to schedule work and deliver to tight deadlines;
- Understanding of Financial Services and the challenges of working on projects or programmes in a regulated business environment;
- Experience of managing, developing and coaching staff;
- Experience of working in banking and payments.