I am recruiting for a Manager / Senior Manager ESG Policy with a global financial services membership body.
The role reports direct to the Head of Regulatory Affairs and the successful candidate will work as relevant with an existing ESG specialist, the Head of Research and economists plus the CEO, in:
- forging consensus on industry standards (in conjunction with, and on behalf of, members);
- drafting position papers; and
- identifying themes and topics for proactive stakeholder engagement on ESG.
You will have:
- Deep and current knowledge of financial markets and the market infrastructure regulatory and ESG agenda;
- Strong track record of international policy development and engagement. The candidate must have a proven track record of applied strategic thinking, with the ability to see the big picture across a diverse range of markets, products, practices and issues;
- Previous experience of working on ESG-related issues;
- Previous advisory work, stakeholder management and influencing. A proven track record in building and maintaining effective working relationships and consensus at a senior level will be necessary. You need to be decisive, to challenge and be challenged, and persuade policy makers, regulators and market participants based on the industry agenda;
- Strong drafting experience and strong analytical skills. Much of our work is distilling complicated regulatory concepts into clear messages for an international audience. The candidate must therefore be able to demonstrate experience and competence in drafting clear and persuasive materials;
- Demonstrated current knowledge of ESG issues and its regulatory environment; and
- Communicating effectively – there is a premium on a demonstrated track record of communicating policy analysis and positions effectively, including on public platforms.