About Our Client
Local government body responsible for delivering Greater Manchester's transport strategy and commitments.
- Develop a programme of external engagement to increase influence and build relationships to deliver GM transport priorities with public, private and third sector partners and Greater Manchester communities;
- Coordinate partnership working with local authorities through effective collaboration, based on ensuring our client has detailed knowledge on the places and people that it serves;
- Embed innovative ways to work with partners to engage the community on transport solutions across all aspects of transport;
- Work collaboratively and effectively with partners and communities to develop insight into how our client can best achieve its organisational objectives including travel behaviour change;
- Devise effective partnership working arrangements across public, private and third sector partners and Greater Manchester communities;
- Manage partnership and engagement frameworks to build relationships, aligned with objectives, at place-based level and with key sectors (employers, community groups, voluntary sector, education) and with strategic business and employers;
- Develop and maintain an intelligence and insight framework on key issues that affect transport policy across the communities to inform decisions relating to transport delivery and policies;
- Regularly represent in a range of external forums.
The Successful Applicant
- Background in partnership and engagement strategies;
- Strategic thinker;
- Able to provide strategic advice and support for engagement across a range of complex and interlinked themes and issues;
- Experience in developing multi-agency partnerships;
- Well versed in providing insight, briefings, reports and intelligence on key issues;
- Stakeholder engagement.