The Law Society is the representative body for solicitors in England and Wales.
Our public policy work is recognised across the profession and beyond, and our policy advisers play a key role in projecting the Society’s influence. This is an exciting and varied role where your expertise and knowledge will be used to great effect.
You will lead the development of Law Society policy on children law and housing law, in collaboration with the experts on our specialist committees. The role involves responding to public consultations, writing articles, blogs and speeches and project-managing related events. You will also liaise extensively with other professional bodies, government departments and key stakeholders in the voluntary sector, and work with our media, public affairs and research teams to ensure a strong and consistent voice for the Law Society and its members on the relevant issues.
You will work as part of the most influential organisation within the legal profession and have the opportunity to lead public policy development in children law and housing law and manage associated projects and events.
You will also work with expert legal professionals and high-profile stakeholders, including government and third sector bodies.
What we're looking for
- A strong understanding of the legal system and the rule of law including the role of solicitors in it, with expertise in one or more of the specialist areas involved;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience of policy development;
- Experience of working in a complex public policy environment;
- The credibility to work with members and external stakeholders;
- Strong intellectual skills.
What's in it for you
We offer a generous flexible benefits package, a friendly working environment and the opportunity to develop your career within a professional organisation.