Are you passionate about policy and politics? Do you have an entrepreneurial mind-set and a desire to be part of a developing business? Are you interested in how technology interacts with our society and economy? Are you able to explain complex concepts in a clear and engaging manner?
If so, come and join us at Inline Policy, a pioneering political consultancy and policy advisory firm that offers comprehensive political and regulatory advice to tech companies.
Our team covers some of the most exciting policy areas and business sectors, including:
- Data Protection;
- Travel Tech;
- Urban mobility;
- Artificial intelligence and robotics;
- Digital Competition;
- Energy tech & the green economy.
HOW WE DIFFER
Inline specialises in working with fast-growing companies that are facing policy and regulatory change. We are proud to have some of the biggest names in the tech sector amongst our clients, but we also seek to identify growth sectors at an early stage, develop extensive political and regulatory expertise in those areas, and apply our public affairs and strategy knowledge and experience. We aim to grow alongside our clients, offering additional products and services as they develop and as the political and regulatory environment evolves.
We value independent thinkers who will help our company grow to become the premier political and regulatory consultancy for our sector. We want to hear from you if you are interested in joining a diverse and non-hierarchical environment, where your work and ideas will make an immediate and tangible contribution to our clients.
Our Policy Analysts are responsible for:
- Researching and analysing policy and regulatory issues;
- Producing newsletters on regulatory and market developments;
- Writing blogs, white papers, and reports to help marketing efforts;
- Developing their own networks and relationships with stakeholders in the industry;
- Assisting with developing new business through research, presentations, and outreach.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this role will initially require remote working. Pending successful completion of a three-month probationary period, and after the company deems it safe to return to the workplace, the successful candidate will be expected to work from our London office. Eligibility to live and work in the UK without the need of a visa sponsorship is required.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Applicants should possess all the following characteristics:
- An excellent undergraduate and postgraduate academic record (to at least Master’s degree level);
- Demonstrable interest in UK digital/technology-related policy and the UK political process;
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines, often at short notice;
- Ability to master, understand, and analyse complex briefs, reports, white papers, legislation;
- Superior written English and communication skills;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint;
- Integrity, honesty, enthusiasm, and a willingness to work hard;
- A team player, able to cooperate with and contribute to the Inline team;
- Entitled to work full time in the UK.
The following characteristics, while not essential, will also be looked on favourably:
- Demonstrable experience in related areas, preferably in a political or policy role, whether in Parliament, the public sector, in-house, or as part of a consultancy;
- Fluency in a second European language other than English;
- A creative flair, in particular the ability to present information in a visually appealing manner for our clients;
- An ability to spot commercial opportunities and to take advantage of them.
WHAT WE OFFER
We have high standards and are careful to select the right people to join our team. In return, we offer:
- The opportunity to work amongst an intelligent, motivated and friendly team;
- Work that provides an intellectual challenge and develops your knowledge;
- A clear career path to succeed as a public affairs professional;
- The ability to develop expertise in new areas and take the initiative;
- Formal and informal training to support your personal and professional development;
- A competitive salary (depending on experience), plus performance related bonus;
- A fun working environment with the opportunity for numerous social, networking and offsite development activities.