The Land Trust is a registered charity dedicated to the management of green spaces for community benefit.
The Policy and Outcomes Manager will report to the Communications and Marketing Manager and work closely with the Senior Leadership Team. The post will be crucial to help the Trust to be able to demonstrate what we deliver for the communities who live and work around our sites, how we can assist numerous public and private sector clients with the long-term management of their green space, and how we deliver our funders’ requirements. It will also take a key role in understanding the markets in which we operate and take a lead in thought leadership and engaging productively with Government at all levels as legislation is developed and put into law. This exciting post will involve close working at a strategic and also hands on level with Land Trust colleagues, managing agents, partners and external stakeholders across the country.
- Impact and Outcomes analysis and assessment;
- Research the external environment to increase opportunities for the Land Trust;
- Build a network to showcase the Land Trust’s Charitable Work and added value;
- Initiate research with the Land Trust to demonstrate the benefits of our operations and green space;
- Share knowledge and develop depth of understanding on green issues within the Land Trust.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject;
- Proven experience in a communications / policy / influencing role, ideally with a biodiversity or natural capital element;
- Experience of monitoring and analysing Outcomes;
- Knowledge and experience of using and developing Social Value models;
- Knowledge of how Government policy is formed and where the opportunities to influence are;
- Knowledge of development/land management sector;
- Understanding of how to use media, social media and other tools to influence others;
- Intelligence gathering and preparing briefings;
- Preparing presentations for various audiences and delivering presentations;
- Understand and interpret research and the ability to relate to The Trust and what it means for us;
- Stakeholder management and influencing;
- Planning and implementing communications campaigns and programmes;
- Commissioning research and communicating the outcomes;
- Knowledge of using public affairs tools and techniques;
- Devising policy positions and lines to take;
- Natural interest in public policy and the development/land management sector;
- Interpersonal skills and ability to network;
- Excellent written and verbal communications and influencing skills;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to turn strategy into action;
- Ability to balance a heavy workload and prioritise.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- Based at Birchwood, Warrington, with some home working;
- Site visits required with minimal evening, weekend and bank holiday working;
- Required to travel by car and public transport as necessary to fulfil the role effectively;
- Current valid UK driving licence.
Salary and Benefits
- £30-35k FTE depending on experience;
- Business travel costs will be reimbursed;
- 6% Company Pension, Life Assurance (4 x salary);
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays. Rising to 30 days with service;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- Hybrid working / Flexitime;
- Employee Assistance Programme / Health Care Cash back scheme;
- Training and Development support;
- Participation in the Land Trust’s bonus scheme;
- Enhanced Family leave and sickness support.