I am currently recruiting for a Policy and Public Affairs Adviser with a consumer membership body. (Home based and anywhere in the country with some travel to London).
You will be:
- Undertaking research on issues relevant to campaigns, including attending relevant external industry events and drafting briefings;
- Taking forward activities in working groups to help raise the organisation’s external profile and produce positive outputs for members;
- Drafting responses to consultations from government bodies, regulators and others;
- Engaging with politicians, policymakers, regulators and industry figures to represent the interests of members and those they support;
- Working with third parties such as research companies and others to provide collateral for campaigns.
What we are looking for:
- A proven self-starter who takes the initiative, brings drive and ambition to the role and is able to multi-task and engage with potential new members;
- Experience in policy or public affairs;
- Excellent research skills and the ability to distil and summarise complex topics into easy-to-understand formats for a variety of audiences;
- Grit, determination and a willingness to stretch themselves at all times in order to learn and develop;
- Excellent organisational and computer/technology skills;
- Good communication skills, including excellent oral and written English, and is happy to communicate directly with C-Suite executives and politicians/officials;
- Ideally has direct experience working with government departments, regulators, politicians and other policymakers.