Looking for an experienced, highly competent Policy & Research Manager who can work pro-actively, demonstrating initiative and an ability to progress multiple projects. You will be play a role in the development implementation of strategies, polices and processes.
- be responsible for the preparation and implementation of our client’s Housing Services and Maintenance Policies and contribute to other strategies and processes;
- develop and delivering a research programme to support the housing and maintenance operations;
- keep up to date with legislation changes and housing policy changes;
- be responsible for the implementation of best practice in housing, including investigating and evaluating initiatives undertaken by other bodies;
- identify areas for policy development and lead with reviews of policies and procedures;
- lead on the development of Equality Impact Assessments for all Housing Solutions policies;
- prepare Committee reports, meeting agendas, minutes and action plans and attend Committees or other meetings as requested;
- define and document procedures in accordance with agreed methodology;
- be responsible for the development and innovation of process maps;
- ensure GDPR compliance in all matters.
- Excellent, high-level writing skills adaptable for different audiences; very strong, general communication skills;
- Excellent statistical and analytical skills and an understanding of key research methodologies;
- Excellent policy analysis and writing skills, including speechwriting, writing briefings and developing policy from research and member engagement;
- To be able to work on own initiative and be innovate, while engaging closely and working effectively as part of a team;
- Able to manage multiple and complex tasks, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- The confidence to engage and build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including those at senior level;
- Excellent project management skills and highly organised;
- Ability to analysis and comprehend complex and lengthy information to Executive Team and Board;
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment;
- Good project management skills;
- Ability to develop systems and procedures;
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the role.