The Association is a professional body in the healthcare industry. They are a membership organisation, a charity and the largest of ten recognised specialty Associations.
In recent years, policy development and programmed implementation work has become an increasingly important element of what they do. This is supported by a small and highly agile staff team, into which they are currently seeking to recruit a Policy Assistant. This is a developmental role for an individual seeking to build a career in healthcare policy development and implementation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing customary aspects of support to boards and committees on relevant policy topics;
- Coordinating and providing support for policy programmes related to specific subjects. This entails close working with the Events Team to ensure construction of coherent, feasible policy programmes and receiving direction from the elected Honorary Secretary, a senior clinician responsible for all subject-specific policy matters within the organisation;
- Providing communications support including the updating of relevant information on the website, preparation of updates on current initiatives for internal and external audiences and publicising the organisation's work and projects in this area;
- Assisting in the construction of annual reports, elections of Officers and one-off projects.
You will have intern or other experience of working in a relevant policy / charity / healthcare setting. You will be ambitious and relish a challenge whilst having a genuine desire to develop your career in policy work. In addition, you will demonstrate the following:
- A high calibre graduate (2.1 or above) with a strong academic background;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the confidence to communicate with senior stakeholders – both internal and external;
- Organisational skills with intellectual prowess and ability to deal with a challenging workload;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, complexity, the prospect of handling multiple issues and working in a team, you will be proactive and keen to make a difference while appreciating the importance of sound administration and an eye for detail.