I am currently recruiting a Policy Manager 12 month fixed term contract for a professional body based in London.
- Provision of high quality and timely support on overarching issues of professional conduct, competence and conduct of business;
- Representation of externally, on regulatory policy issues, working closely with others to influence;
- nternally acknowledged expertise on defined, key professional policy issues. Working with colleagues to ensure effective planning and delivery of change to professional framework, through effective policy development;
- Mentoring to support colleagues’ development;
- Responsible for planning and meeting budget on individual projects;
- Input to strategy within defined areas of responsibility, and input on business cases;
- Project management of a substantial portfolio of projects both within department and directorate and across the organisation.
You will have:
- An excellent appreciation of the importance and key factors involved in policy development;
- A track record of delivering sound policy outcomes in a multi-stakeholder environment with competing interests, which are justifiable to all;
- An enthusiastic and committed team player, capable of working effectively in a matrix environment;
- First class, written and oral communication – this role will require you to deliver impactful profession and public facing communications which influence educate and guide relevant audiences;
- High levels of intellect and the ability to apply this to development of solutions in emerging, complex issues, across a wide range of situations, at speed if necessary;
- High degree of political sensitivity and the ability to bring effective, clear outcomes;
- Ability to analyse and assess requirements, advising on strategy and ensuring the recommendations proposed receive buy in.