The Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) is the governing body for world motor sport and the federation of the world’s leading motoring organisations. Founded in 1904, with headquarters in Paris and Geneva, the FIA is a non-profit making international association.
ABOUT THE ROLE: CAMPAIGN TO TACKLE ONLINE HATE SPEECH IN SPORT – PROJECT LEADER
The FIA plans to take a leadership role in tackling online abuse in sport together with all key stakeholders including Sports Federations, Governments, Social Media companies. This exciting new role has drawn widespread support and the Project Leader will play a central role in helping drive positive societal change.
- Facilitate regular FIA Working Group meetings and reporting;
- Interface with the FIA Communications and Public Affairs Department and other stakeholders – FIA University partners, FIA Foundation, governmental institutions, fellow sports governing bodies, event management and technical suppliers;
- Contribute to delivery of strategic messaging and content delivery in line with the FIA’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) policy;
- Liaison with academic researchers and partners;
- Project manage multiple communications activities from planning to execution;
- Attend, as required, FIA events to identify and engage with key stakeholders;
- Contribute to the writing and editing of press releases, speeches, presentations, articles, and executive briefing notes;
- Implement an agreed reporting mechanism to identify workflow and highlight results according to KPIs;
- Contribute to the over-arching objective of positioning the FIA as the global voice for sport and mobility
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable professional experience in a similar position;
- A graduate ideally to post-graduate level;
- Knowledge / Interest in social media;
- Understanding of research process;
- Knowledge of public policy development • Fluent English, other languages a bonus;
- Excellent writing skills and communication expertise;
- Drive and initiative to bring new ideas and communications solutions;
- Ambition to influence change.
Type of contract:
Fixed-term consultancy (12 months) with a view to extension based on performance.
Deputy Director of Communications and Public Affairs.