You will develop and implement a Public Affairs plan, in line with the Communications & Marketing strategy, which will support the delivery and achievement of our client’s vision and strategic goals.
- Need to identify priority political and Whitehall stakeholders and manage relationships with them in order to achieve policy objectives;
- Manage enquiries from MPs about issues relating to locations in their constituencies and represent at party conferences, industry events and bodies;
- Write briefings and position statements and papers on issues of importance and be responsible for, and passionate about, the delivery of highly effective public affairs service;
- Need to understand consumer public relations and ensure public affairs activity dovetails and supports wider external communications activity with the expectation that you will become a subject matter expert;
- Keep key stakeholders up to date as needed and be able to prioritise and manage multiple projects, issues and stakeholders at any one time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a wide range of people and audiences;
- You will have experience of Public Affairs;
- A good understanding of the political landscape and the structure of national and local government;
- Awareness of the latest Public Affairs trends, alongside strong skills in negotiation and persuasion;
- Organised and independent individual who must be able to manage their own workload;
- Proactive, ambitious and professional.