I am recruiting for Regulatory Strategy & Stakeholder Engagement Lead with a utilities business.
- Conduct analysis and research into opportunities for the business to take more innovative approaches to regulation, and to horizon scan prospects for Thames to take advantage of regulatory opportunities such as innovation funds;
- Join the dots internally across the organisation, especially with the innovation team and forthcoming innovation strategy, to secure opportunities to work together to shape and advance the opportunities in regulation for innovation for the business and the sector more generally;
- To build on long-term strategy and evolving regulatory strategy to establish a co-ordinated approach to engaging and shaping regulatory policy through aligned engagement;
- Leading relationships with regulation stakeholders. You will build and lead effective working relationships externally to pro-actively identify areas of common ground, shared goals and potential disagreements. Ensuring that constructive relationships are in place to achieve good regulatory policy outcomes;
- Provide portfolio support and leadership to other parts of the Division. To develop a strategic approach to engagement on regulatory policy.
You will be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Very good understanding of regulation;
- Excellent policy making and strategy skills;
- Experience of staying on top of current and upcoming regulatory issues to identify opportunities to advance the regulatory agenda especially in the innovation space and identifying possible partnerships;
- Highly developed communicating and influencing skills, both written and verbal. The ability to have and resolve difficult conversations;
- Significant experience of establishing relationships in a regulatory and policy environment, ideally in the water sector;
- Excellent project management skills, able to multi-task and work flexibly to manage conflicting priorities across a portfolio;
- Be a passionate individual with good strategic awareness and mindset, with the ability to make logical and well thought out decisions.