WA Communications is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Account Manager or Account Director with strong experience and proven interest in the energy sector to join our award-winning and growing company.
WA is a strategic communications consultancy helping organisations achieve policy and reputational outcomes. We’re integrated in approach, bringing together public affairs, corporate communications, digital, research and creative services. We’re specialists in sectors where government action, media interest and public impact are often interlinked, including energy, education, financial services, healthcare and transport.
Our energy team is one of the UK’s leaders in integrated public affairs and corporate communications working with major players in renewables, utilities and industrial decarbonisation. Our clients, whether global giants, leading charities or blue-chip brands, come to us for help navigating complex communications challenges of multi-stakeholder environments.
We’re motivated towards our core purpose of great people, doing great work, in a great company. We’re a people-first business meaning clients get support from the best people, who are motivated to succeed. We bring about change for clients and communicate their impact in society.
Everyone at WA gets opportunities to do impactful work that achieves results for clients and socially valuable outcomes, tackling business challenges through strategic communications. We have a dynamic, collaborative and supportive management ethos that inspires people to be at their best. We’re fun and sociable too.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring consultant or in-house professional eager to take their career to the next level. You’ll get involved across our energy client base, working on vital issues in energy security, decarbonisation and large-scale infrastructure projects, and further your experience in business development. You’ll play your part solving client problems, shaping creative campaigns and running client programmes. The role offers potential to grow into related areas, such as transport and financial services. There’ll be excellent professional development support to help you extend your skills and move forward in your career.
WA is based in Victoria, central London. Our success is underpinned by our independence and partnership model – giving us the flexibility to advise, invest and innovate around what our clients and people need.
ROLE SPECIFICATION & RESPONSIBILITIES
You’ll have proven experience in public affairs and / or corporate communications combined with genuine interest in, and knowledge of, energy policy, issues and business. Qualities and skills we value for this role include:
- Experience of - and achievement in - integrated campaigns in energy and / or related sectors;
- Ability to absorb and communicate complex policy, regulatory and commercial issues quickly;
- Client-centric attitude that prizes accessibility, responsiveness and quality;
- Enjoy managing projects, driving them forwards and completing deadlines;
- A dynamic, engaging and adaptable writing style;
- Impressing clients with strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities;
- Interest in and flair for business development;
- Excellent interpersonal, team-working and people skills;
- Naturally inquisitive and curious with a desire to learn, grow and take initiative;
- Enthusiasm to network, influence and share insight;
- Broad interest in government, media and business issues;
- Consideration and care for colleagues;
- Ideally have experience working in consultancy.
REWARDS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary and pension plan;
- Companywide annual performance-based bonus up to 5% of salary;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off;
- Hybrid working plus core working hours, to allow for greater flexibility and work-life balance;
- Focus on your personal development, including external training and professional coaching;
- Flexible benefits including private healthcare and heavily subsidised gym membership;
- Wellbeing benefits, plus team and all-company social events;
- Become part of a growing and award-winning people-focused agency;
- Feel confident you are making an impact on the biggest challenges for our clients and supporting WA’s vision, purpose and growth.