At Sonnedix, our purpose is to harness the power of the sun to build a bright future - for our company, our partners, our communities and our planet. Sonnedix develops, builds, operates and manages solar PV plants for the long term.
Our track record and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners, to smartly expand the adoption of solar and play a vital role in the energy revolution. We are proud of our diverse team of experts, the clean energy we generate and to make a positive difference for the communities where we operate.
The Regulatory Engagement Senior Manager will be reporting directly to the EVP Global Head of Legal and Compliance, and be responsible for defining, implementing and achieving the Group’s proactive regulatory engagement and influencing strategies and objectives around the world. Together with cross-functional partners and local Public Affairs Consultants (third parties) reporting to you, you will take direct responsibility for a variety of projects and lead remote cross-functional teams to deliver on the ground results and advance the strategic and commercial goals of the Group to outside stakeholders (including government agencies, trade associations and legislative bodies) – all with an aim to ensure that the Group’s global license to operate is protected. You will focus on key global regulatory themes such as government subsidies and their frameworks (budgets, mechanisms, implementation, etc.), interconnection, permitting (including land use), access to materials, and other legal issues (tax, labor, HSE, ABC/AML) for which you will define, through consultation and collaboration with both leadership and the local cross-functional teams, the Group’s regulatory engagement and influencing strategy across our jurisdictions.
The Regulatory Engagement Senior Manager will also deliver analysis regarding regulations’ impact on the business and provide policy, regulatory and commercial advisory support to the relevant functions to mitigate these impacts; take a proactive approach to engage with the regulators and our peers, whilst maintaining our standards of professional and ethical behaviours; lead research work on draft laws, bills, and policy positions (by Governments and peer companies and competitors) on our key areas around the world; and reviewing and drafting legal briefs, memos, and other legal/policy documents.
- Degree educated or hold an equivalent qualification;
- Experience in senior strategic roles working in public affairs, regulatory and government liaison roles and/or experience of working with the mechanism of government agencies, trade associations and legislative bodies;
- Experience in successful pitching and negotiation;
- Leadership skills, with a track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams;
- Proven ability to foster and maintain long-term relationships with senior clients and contacts.
What we offer:
- As the company grows, we offer the opportunity for you to grow with us through a wide range of training and development opportunities;
- Give back to the local communities through our comprehensive ESG agenda, volunteering days and charity events;
- Join a team that crosses functions and geographies through our off-site events, team socials and global celebrations;
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities;
- Fantastic office environments;
- Be part of our drive to achieve sustainable growth and be carbon neutral by 2021;
- Sonnedix virtual gym classes and regular well-being seminars;
- Many more local benefits, specific to each country.