We’re the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we work to improve health and adult social care in England.
Through the dedication of our expert team, we monitor health and social care services to provide England with a safe and compassionate care system, recognising when services perform well as well as encouraging improvements and taking action over poorer care, where necessary.
One of our main commitments is to become a truly inclusive organisation and to role model a diverse and representative culture. To do so, we work with a variety of networks, including the Disability Equality Network, Race Equality Network and LGBT+ Equality Network.
Our dedicated Engagement Team drive engagement and understanding to improve how we regulate and inform everyone about all care services.
With your input, we can ensure we focus on what matters most to the public, providing them with the knowledge of the best care services.
Created by our collaborative Policy and Strategy Team, our policies and strategies enable us to regulate services in a way that encourages improvement in the quality of care.
So, with your expertise, we can continue to shape our key role in the health and social care system.
We’re now looking for a Senior Parliamentary and Stakeholder Engagement Officer to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis, working 37 hours per week.
- 27 days’ annual leave, rising with service to 32.5 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays;
- NHS pension scheme, with around a 14% employer contribution;
- Free employee assistance service 24 hours a day;
- Discounts to supermarkets, high street stores, electronics and fleet cars;
- Discounted gym vouchers;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Internal reward scheme where you could win a voucher or two;
- Equipment for homeworking.
Why this could be a great role for you
This is an incredible opportunity for a high-calibre individual with a background in a public affairs, parliamentary or stakeholder engagement environment to join our essential organisation.
With our employees’ wellbeing at the top of our priorities list, we’ll provide you with everything you need to achieve that coveted work/life balance you’ve been looking for!
So, if you want to step into a high-profile and varied role where you’ll have the chance to utilise and develop your knowledge and skill set with an expert team, then apply today.
What you will bring
To be considered as our Senior Parliamentary and Stakeholder Engagement Officer, you will need:
- Experience in a public affairs, parliamentary or stakeholder engagement environment;
- Experience advising senior staff on Parliamentary and stakeholder relations tactics, opportunities and issues;
- Experience supporting event management;
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Knowledge of Government and Parliamentary processes;
- An interest in and knowledge of current affairs;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in IT;
- At a minimum, a degree level education or equivalent.
What you’ll be doing
As our Senior Parliamentary and Stakeholder Engagement Officer, you will support the delivery of our engagement with Parliamentarians and stakeholders across the health and care landscape.
Supporting our accountability to Parliament via select committees and other forums, you will maintain relationships with Parliamentarians, key stakeholders and their staff, responding to information requests and providing information to them on our work.
You’ll also liaise with our inspection colleagues on a regular basis, supporting the delivery of our communications with local MPs and other stakeholders on our regulatory activity.
Additionally, you will:
- Support our senior team on briefings for meetings with key stakeholders;
- Support the preparation of written evidence to Select Committee inquiries;
- Deliver a programme of support for constituency engagement.
Salary: £30,022 (National Framework) or £35,191 (London Framework – if you are London office based or home based and live within the boundary of the M25) – There is also an additional homeworking allowance of £529 per annum for those working from home.
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week.
Location: We can offer London office-based working or homeworking (residing within the M25 due to necessity to attend Westminster meetings at short notice).