Well-established health charity.
In this role, you will provide leadership and advice for the charity’s policy influencing priorities, with a strong focus on health inequalities, working with internal and external policy stakeholders to achieve policy change that improves the lives of people living with a chronic condition.
You will be responsible for:
- Analyse the external policy environment, identify the key drivers for improvement, and work with key internal and external stakeholders to develop strong and credible policy messages and solutions, primarily focusing on health inequalities, and work through an influencing route with policy stakeholders and decision-makers to effect change;
- Provide expert and strategic policy and influencing advice across the organisation, including senior leadership;
- Lead on cross-organisational policy influencing projects in collaboration with colleagues from other key departments;
- Support the planning and delivery of policy influencing activity, including managing budgets where necessary, collaborating with key internal departments, and coordinating activity across departments;
- Build and maintain relationships with key policy stakeholders and represent the organisation at relevant external meetings and events;
- Write or oversee the drafting of credible persuasive, evidence-based policy briefings, documents, reports, blogs and messages and ensure that there is consistency of messaging across all four nations.
- Excellent working knowledge of the external policy environment relating to health inequalities and levers for policy change;
- Experience of delivering successful influencing projects in a policy related role, including the analysis of complex issues and senior-level engagement;
- Experience of the health sector;
- Experience of senior engagement with policy makers;
- The ability to produce clear, high quality briefings and reports and use social media effectively;
- Understanding of research methods and ability to apply evidence in policy development.