We are recruiting a Senior Political Analyst to work in our award-winning political, policy and regulatory due diligence team (PDD), providing investors with in-depth political, policy & regulatory analysis, advice and reports on companies and sectors. We are the market-leader, having provided due diligence on over 350 deals, valued in excess of $15bn, in the UK and all around the world.
We are seeking someone with exceptional research, writing, analytical and project management skills, capable of rapidly getting to grips with the key short to long term dynamics in a sector and in relation to a particular company’s products, services and growth plans. We are looking for someone with a strong track record in producing political and regulatory analysis and in-depth reports, whether for a think tank, trade association, NGO or corporate or advisory group.
Senior role in delivery of political & regulatory due diligence.
Key Skills / Competencies
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organisation and time management;
- Ability to build good relationships and networks;
- Ability work autonomously and independently;
- Commercial awareness and understanding of how policy developments could impact on clients;
- Application of creativity and the use of initiative/problem solving;
- Ability to work to multiple tight deadlines and under pressure.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for delivery of PDD, research projects and reviews for retained clients;
- Development of the PDD service including risk reporting;
- Leading feedback meetings alongside senior colleagues on project delivery;
- Brought in as expert for pitches across GK;
- Providing 1-2-1 feedback to staff on PDD delivery and training support to the team;
- Senior role in the delivery of GK research projects for corporate clients;
- Responsible for monitoring daily Hansard and parliamentary and media activities and sharing with relevant client teams;
- Providing support to client team in developing a rigorous evidence base for change for communications clients;
- Responsibility for monitoring services for corporate and investor clients as required;
- Being a GK ambassador embodying the GK Values of Excellence, Initiative and Respect;
- Share intelligence on our key markets;
- Develop thoughtful content for sharing with our investor base.