Work in a multi-disciplinary property consultancy and support the delivery of a strong pipeline of exciting projects.
My client is a market-leading UK real estate consultancy, providing successful planning, development and occupier advisory outcomes for both public and private sector clients. They provide commercially driven advice through all stages of the asset life cycle, specialising in a variety of sectors including retail, residential, mixed-use development, commercial office space, healthcare and infrastructure.
Working with a wide range of public and private sector clients, they enhance land and property holdings, working on some of the most complex real estate projects in the UK, making difficult development happen and reducing property occupation costs. They offers a wide range of specialist professional services from environmental, infrastructure and town and country planning, business rates advice, valuation and lease advisory, through to development including compulsory purchase and land assembly, private sector development management, agency and consultancy expertise.
Who we are looking for:
My client is looking for a Strategic Communications and Public Affairs Account Manager that can demonstrate the following skills, attributes and background:
- Proven experience in property and planning/local government undertaking this type of work;
- A good understanding of the planning system and the politics and communications that surround community consultation;
- Strong political knowledge, interest and experience preferably gained from active participation;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to take responsibility for account management and project administration;
- Comfortable to attend client meetings in place of a director when required;
- Ability to lead and manage public consultation events with limited supervision;
- Good commercial awareness to ensure projects are delivered efficiently and profitably;
- Experience in agency environment would be an advantage;
- Experience in using social media for campaigning would be an advantage.
What's on Offer:
The Strategic Communications and Public Affairs Account Manager will be working with a team who offer a market-leading real estate advisory service to secure support across London and the Southeast (and throughout the UK), and across the political spectrum.
A full service communications programme or campaign could typically include a strategic mix of the following:
- Political and local intelligence;
- Political engagement;
- Stakeholder and community engagement;
- Public consultation;
- Relationship building/profile raising;
- Reputation management;
- Crisis communications;
- Community campaigning/supporter mobilisation;
- Media relations and management;
- Social media and digital strategy;
- Construction communications.
As the Strategic Communications and Public Affairs Account Manager, you will take a leading role in ensuring that clients are provided with excellent strategic advice and project delivery.
You will be responsible for building strong and credible relationships with your clients, ensuring that project objectives are delivered on time and to a high standard.
On a daily basis, you will manage the time and development of an Account Executive. Your role will be to ensure that they support the delivery of project programmes whilst also developing their own skills set and career progression.
You will take a lead role in influencing and communicating the benefits of complex property projects to local communities, politicians and key stakeholders. Whilst engaging across local politics and government, the public sector, business and community stakeholders, you will be focused on ensuring that all projects receive the support needed to meet client objectives.
Location: London, with flexible working a couple of days a week from home.