This annual conference will bring legal practitioners working with the pharmaceutical sector up-to-date on the latest relevant regulatory developments, legislative initiatives and case law.
Competition law in the pharmaceutical sector
- Alleged excessive pricing
Patent law in the pharmaceutical sector and other intellectual property incentives on innovation
- Recent CJEU rulings on supplementary protection certificates (SPCs)
- First results of the European Commission’s public consultation on pharmaceutical incentives and the way forward
EU pharmaceutical law round-up
- Access to data and new digital initiatives on big data in public health
- Recent activities of the European Commission and the EMA
- Off-label use in Europe
- Advanced therapy medicinal products
Who should attend?
In-house counsel and legal or patent advisers in pharmaceutical companies; lawyers in private practice dealing with pharmaceuticals and medical devices; lawyers in national ministries and authorities dealing with regulation of the sector.
You will learn…
- How are competition law cases before the Commission affecting the pharmaceutical sector?
- What can be learnt from the implementation of the EMA policy on the publication of clinical data?
- How can big data bring new challenges and opportunities for the health and pharmaceutical sectors?
- Should the EU legal framework on intellectual property incentives for innovation be changed?
- How is off-label use regulated in the European Union?
- How far are recent rulings of the CJEU and new EU proposals affecting the pharmaceutical sector?
Evening networking reception
On Thursday 1 March, you will have the chance to network with colleagues at our drinks reception.
- Simone Boselli, Public Affairs Director, EURORDIS, Brussels
- Alfonso Calles-Sanchez, Legal and Policy Affairs Officer, Intellectual Property and Fight Against Counterfeiting, DG GROW, European Commission, Brussels
- Nicola Dagg, Partner, Allen & Overy, London
- Brian Kelly, Partner, Covington & Burling, London
- John Lisman, Lisman Legal Life Sciences B.V., Heijen
- Catherine Longeval, Partner, Van Bael & Bellis, Brussels
- Geneviève Michaux , Partner, Mayer Brown, Brussels
- Alexander Natz, Secretary General, EUCOPE, Brussels
- Kristine Peers, General Counsel, Legal Affairs, EFPIA, Brussels
- Rositsa Pencheva, Case Handler, DG Competition, European Commission, Brussels
- Peter Picht, Chair of Business and Commercial Law, Centre for Intellectual Property and Competition Law, University
- of Zurich
- Tapani Piha, Head of Unit, Cross-Border Healthcare and eHealth, DG Health & Food Safety, European Commission, Brussels
- Aleksandar Rusanov, Legal Administrator, European Medicines Agency, London
- Bart Van Vooren, Associate, Covington & Burling, Brussels
CPD: ERA’s programmes meet the standard requirements for recognition as Continuing Professional Development (CPD). This event corresponds to 10 CPD hours.