Snapdragon at PLMR is a specialist planning and built environment division within PLMR, a successful, fast-growing communications agency with a dynamic, vibrant team that works across a number of high profile clients to deliver public affairs, public relations and digital solutions for its clients.
As an Account Executive you will be a central member of the Snapdragon at PLMR team, providing high quality servicing to all our clients. You will have proven experience in a similar agency environment working with a diverse range of blue chip clients. Ideally, we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate exceptional knowledge of planning and politics in the UK as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be well organised, highly motivated and able to work under your own initiative, meeting and driving forward on deadlines and projects.
Reporting to: Account Manager/Account Director
- Sending out client-ready, accurate communications which require minimal review by senior colleagues;
- Accurately presenting and adapting client messaging for different audiences;
- Daily media and political monitoring, including producing client-ready monitoring updates;
- Developing excellent client relationships – ensuring that the client feels well serviced, able to call for advice at any time, and maximizing the opportunities for account development;
- Showing care and attention to detail - that work is completed on time to the appropriate standards, anticipating client demands and ensuring to always add value to our clients;
- Fostering relations with national and sectoral media, politicians, civil servants, local authorities, regulatory bodies, and any relevant interest groups;
- Event management, such as parliamentary events, press conferences and promotional events;
- Promoting client events to the media;
- Developing and maintaining an expertise in client sectors and related policy fields;
- Responding to requests for information from clients which may be at short notice;
- Researching, forecasting and evaluating the effects of public policy on an organisation, using public sources, political intelligence and personal contacts;
- Writing newsletters, briefings, campaign material and press releases;
- Attending select committee hearings, party conferences and other events as required as an ambassador for the company;
- Using social media to promote our work;
- Writing and placing articles on behalf of PLMR in key media for the company’s profile and positioning;
- Providing regular copy for the PLMR website - blogging, case studies, features, comment;
- Ensuring that PLMR accurately monitors the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs, for timely opportunities for clients;
- Accurately collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage;
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- Proofread all written material.
- Identifying new business opportunities and following up on them on a timely basis, thereby assisting in the growth of the business and the achievement of its business plan;
- Assisting senior colleagues in creating and delivering winning proposals for new business pitches;
- Promoting a positive, professional image of PLMR as a market leader to external audiences through networking and representing the company at events;
- Providing updates on new business leads regularly to other senior colleagues;
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media;
- Participating in presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches.
- Completing accurate daily timesheets;
- Providing information for invoicing and cost recharging to the finance department in a timely manner as requested;
- Developing a positive professional relationship with PLMR colleagues, and contributing to a thriving day to day working environment;
- Effectively managing and delegating tasks to junior colleagues and assisting them as necessary;
- Ensuring PLMR staff resources are fully utilised;
- Mentoring junior colleagues in order to develop their consultancy skills;
- Developing a personal professional reputation as a reliable, competent manager;
- Contributing to PLMR planning and strategy;
- Communicating effectively internally to manage work levels and deliverables deadlines;
- Fostering a positive day to day working environment;
- Setting a professional example to junior colleagues;
- Assisting in PLMR recruitment and retention – providing feedback on colleagues, appraising line reports, identifying and interviewing potential candidates for new positions.
- Developing a sectoral expertise;
- Building a personal profile in key industry circles and trade media as a communications expert;
- Maintaining a strong interest in current affairs;
- Maintaining communications and public affairs skills;
- Meeting personal development objectives set by line manager.
Skills / attributes required
- Educated to degree standard;
- Understanding of, or interest in, policy and governance around planning, regeneration and development;
- Ability to write persuasively and convey client messages accurately for different media and audiences;
- Strong knowledge of current events, political systems and the national and sectoral media;
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to conceptualise, analyse and write persuasive arguments;
- Proven editing and proofreading ability: to draft and edit documentation to produce accurate and error free final copy after minimum iterations;
- Highly motivated, well organized and able to work under your own initiative;
- Fast learner able to work at speed and manage multiple work streams;
- Can-do attitude and a passion for achieving results;
- Active in the social media networking sphere;
- Flexibility - capable of juggling more than one task/client at the time and prioritising work load accordingly.
Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.