Following a year of rapid growth within our Birmingham office, including several exciting new client wins, Snapdragon at PLMR is seeking a dynamic Account Executive to deliver market leading communications and continued growth within the Midlands market. Our office, in the heart of Birmingham, is well placed to support and benefit from the important growth opportunities within the Midlands. This is an exciting time for the business and you will play a key role in its development within Birmingham over the coming years.
Snapdragon at PLMR is a specialist planning, property and built environment division within PLMR, working with housebuilders, commercial developers and investors. Whilst an interest in property, planning and regional economic growth is important, you will also be required to work across PLMR’s wider portfolio of clients – including health, education, energy and technology so an ability to adapt to a wide range of issues and challenges is vital.
PLMR is a successful, fast-growing communications agency with a dynamic, vibrant team that works with high-profile clients and sectors to deliver public affairs, public relations and digital solutions for its clients. The business operates across the UK, with offices in Birmingham, London, Cambridge and Edinburgh. Travel within the UK, from time to time, is an important part of the role. Ideally you will have a driving licence and access to a car.
As an Account Executive within the Birmingham office you will be a central member of the Snapdragon at PLMR team, providing high quality servicing to all our clients. By joining our team now, you will be able to have direct input into the future direction of the business and grow and develop along with it. A desire to grow your own network and identify opportunities for growth will be supported and encouraged.
Ideally, we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate knowledge and enthusiasm about communications and both local and national politics in the UK, including the West Midlands Combined Authority, Local Enterprise Partnerships and local authorities. This is in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be well organised, highly motivated and able to work under your own initiative, meeting and driving forward on deadlines and projects. Whilst you will have the support you need, we are also looking for a self-starter who is not afraid of contributing ideas and strategies both to clients and within the business.
- sending out client-ready, accurate communications which require minimal review by senior colleagues;
- accurately presenting and adapting client messaging for different audiences;
- daily media and political monitoring, including producing client-ready monitoring updates;
- developing excellent client relationships – ensuring that the client feels well serviced, able to call for advice at any time, and maximizing the opportunities for account development;
- showing care and attention to detail - that work is completed on time to the appropriate standards, anticipating client demands and ensuring to always add value to our clients;
- event management, such as public exhibitions;
- promoting client events to the media;
- strong research skills to support client work and new business;
- developing and maintaining an expertise in client sectors and related policy fields;
- responding to requests for information from clients which may be at short notice;
- writing newsletters, briefings, campaign material and press releases;
- using social media to promote our work;
- writing and placing articles on behalf of Snapdragon at PLMR in key media for the company's profile and positioning;
- providing regular copy for the PLMR website - blogging, case studies, features, comment;
- accurately collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage;
- proof read all written material.
Snapdragon at PLMR growth
- identifying new business opportunities and following up on them on a timely basis, thereby assisting in the growth of the business and the achievement of its business plan;
- assisting senior colleagues in creating and delivering winning proposals for new business pitches;
- promoting a positive, professional image of the company as a market leader to external audiences through networking and representing the company at events;
- providing updates on new business leads regularly to other senior colleagues;
- relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media;
- participating in presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches.
- completing accurate daily timesheets;
- providing information for invoicing and cost recharging to the finance department in a timely manner as requested;
- developing a positive professional relationship with Snapdragon at PLMR colleagues, and contributing to a thriving day to day working environment;
- effectively managing and delegating tasks to junior and senior colleagues and assisting them as necessary;
- communicating effectively internally to manage work levels and deliverables deadlines;
- fostering a positive day to day working environment.
Skills / attributes required
- educated to degree standard;
- an understanding of, or interest in, policy and governance around planning, regeneration and development;
- ability to write persuasively and convey client messages accurately for different media and audiences;
- a strong knowledge of current events, political systems and the national and sectoral media;
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build your own professional network;
- proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to conceptualise, analyse and write persuasive arguments;
- proven editing and proofreading ability: to draft and edit documentation to produce accurate and error free final copy after minimum iterations;
- highly motivated, well organized and able to work under your own initiative;
- a fast learner able to work at speed and manage multiple work streams;
- a can-do attitude and a passion for achieving results;
- active in the social media networking sphere;
- flexibility - capable of juggling more than one task/client at the time and prioritising work load accordingly.
Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.