The Whitehouse Consultancy is an issues-led communications agency, specialising in public affairs, policy analysis, media relations and crisis communications. We advise clients on how to effectively and positively engage with the key decision makers of Westminster, Whitehall, the devolved assemblies, local government and Brussels.
We are now recruiting an Associate Consultant to provide support to our busy office near London Bridge, working predominately across our energy and health teams.
We are looking for a candidate who can quickly get up to speed on complex and challenging policy areas, form effective relationships with clients, and work with a good degree of independence and dynamism.
The role would suit someone with a deep interest in politics and policy, with a flair for communicating ideas in a persuasive and engaging way.
Please note that previous UK political experience, such as working for an MP, an in-house policy or campaigning role, or work for another agency, is essential.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject;
- Demonstrable experience in a political and public policy making role in Westminster, Whitehall, think-tanks, a political party, NGOs or the private sector;
- A good working knowledge of the political processes in the UK;
- The ability to understand and digest complex information quickly and effectively;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven experience of lobbying and working within the mechanisms of Parliament to drive forward demonstrable change;
- The ability to work and thrive as part of a small and dedicated team and with minimal supervision;
- Experience of presenting reports and presentations both verbally and in writing;
- Experience of providing a Parliamentary and political monitoring service;
- The ability to manage and prioritise own workload;
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiar with relevant Parliamentary programmes;
- Experience of healthcare and/or energy policy would be an advantage.