At Cratus our ethos is ‘our world is local’, and this defines us and drives everything we do. We are a political engagement and community consultation company. Established in 2009, born from our Chief Executive’s dedication to local government, Cratus is committed to creating and improving partnerships between local authorities, the private and third sectors.
Our business is growing and we are looking for an Intern to support the day to day management of client accounts in our Communities team, the newest part of Cratus. There are always opportunities for progression at Cratus, so if you are up for the challenge we could be part of your future.
The role will provide support to the wider Communities team and our clients, working across a range of exciting projects. We act as the eyes and ears of developers when construction work starts, and form the link which brings them closer together with local authorities, councillors and residents. Every day will be different but tasks could include helping to organise a summer fete, meeting local councillors, drafting a press release or helping to resolve an issue affecting the reputation of the site.
We are looking for applicants with excellent communication skills and a genuine passion for local communities.
The successful applicant(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Happy and comfortable on the phone;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel;
- Organised and capable of working to a deadline;
- Happy working independently and as part of a team;
- A willingness to learn, particularly in new areas;
- Knowledge of local government would be helpful;
- The ability to drive would be useful but is not essential.
We are pleased that many of our permanent positions are filled by team members who started out as interns and are looking for someone who may fill a permanent position in the future.