We have a vacancy for a graduate trainee policy and campaigns adviser to join the external affairs team of the communications and policy department at the Royal College of Physicians (RCP).
The post holder will support the policy and communications work of the RCP in Wales and engage with RCP fellows and members. You will participate as an active member of the wider RCP Wales team, supporting the head of policy and campaigns for Wales in carrying out the following activities:
- provide policy, communications and campaigns support to the RCP Wales team;
- contribute to policy development by working with patients and doctors;
- contribute to events, site visits, meetings and workshops;
- contribute to consultation responses, newsletters and research and media briefings, and;
- perform a variety of other policy and campaigns administrative activities.
- Good communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to tailor communications to a variety of different audiences;
- Good planning and organisational skills, with an ability to establish priorities and manage a busy workload;
- Committed to personal and professional development;
- Knowledge of the current health agenda in the UK and Wales and/or working in a health-focused or membership organisation.
This role would suit a graduate or current postgraduate student.
Benefits include 27 days annual leave, 7% employer pension contribution, flexi-time scheme, season ticket loan (access to this loan is after probation) and much more.
Part time (7 hours per week), Permanent.