The Parliamentary Research Service (PRS) is a pooled resource for over 100 Labour MPs providing research materials in support of their parliamentary duties.
The PRS is looking for a researcher (6 month paid internship) to join the team.
This opportunity is designed to develop a set of skills and experiences that will help the participant go onto employment within a political environment or beyond.
This will be a challenging role, designed to develop the following:
- Skills in writing high quality, accurately researched copy and background brieng materials;
- Skills in monitoring Parliamentary activity including the passage of Bills, Private Members’ Bills and Back-bench business.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent writing skills including spelling and grammar;
- Have accurate and thorough research skills with an eye for detail;
- Have an interest in Parliament;
- Be well organised and able to work to deadlines.