My client, a well-established and respected organisation in the energy space, are looking to bring on board a Policy Assistant in their Strategy and Regulation team.
This post-holder will work closely with government and regulators to encourage a policy environment that allows the growth of the energy sector as a whole.
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate with an interest in energy, politics, and can demonstrate confidence using Excel.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identify and pursue opportunities to help influence policy development;
- Coordinating briefings, speeches, presentations for Board-level professionals, internally and externally;
- Drafting responses to key issues develop in the sector;
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts, liaising with stakeholders;
- Working on new projects as they develop;
- Meeting with senior level employees / directors internally and with external companies.
The successful applicant will need:
- Education to degree level – within energy or environment is desirable;
- A solid understanding of what policy is and how it can be used to influence;
- Excellent communication skills and be comfortable engaging with senior leadership;
- Great analytical and report writing skills;
- Ability to produce and understand graphs from data using Excel;
- High attention to detail.