The Big Deal is a consumer collective based in the heart of Westminster campaigning to make the energy industry fairer for consumers. Launched in 2014, the Big Deal now has over 300,000 members and has saved the British public over £15 million. Our campaigning successes include the largest ever consumer switch to 100% renewable energy, highlighting Big 6 failure to protect the vulnerable and exposing price comparison sites for hiding the cheapest deals from consumers. The latter campaign led to an investigation by the Energy and Climate Change Committee of MPs and a crackdown by energy regulator Ofgem. Our campaigns have been featured on the front page of the Sun, Independent as well as across broadcast media such as BBC Radio 4, BBC One, LBC, Sky News and many others.
You will be responsible for:
- Engaging with our members online quickly and effectively;
- Boosting our social media presence and growing the Big Deal’s online following;
- Writing online content such as blogs, facebook posts and petitions;
- Producing graphics and videos to engage our members;
- Monitoring daily social media and digital channels for content relevant to the Big Deal.
It is essential that you have good writing skills and can communicate clearly and concisely in an engaging way. You must possess practical knowledge and experience of social media platforms and have a working understanding of SEO and digital advertising.
If the internship is successful then we will be looking to hire the candidate on a full time basis.