Too busy re-reading Harry Potter to follow Twitter this week? Here’s a round up of the health-related news you might have missed:
• How the magic of Harry Potter helped @ameliargh’s depression;
• What happens when the majority of animals used in medical research are male?;
• The link between digital inequalities and health inequalities;
• Understanding the Speaker’s decision to allow MPs to go tieless;
• An AI breakthrough in diagnostics;
• Dramatic events in Parliament as @stellacreasy wins campaign to secure abortion funding for NI women;
• A major new @healthfoundation project to raise awareness and understanding of the social determinants of health;
• Early proof that austerity already being ‘softened’ in the NHS.
• The reality of healthcare in one of the poorest counties in rural Georgia;
• Concerns over the impact of the US Senate’s healthcare proposals on America’s growing rates of opioid addition
Grammar and scepticism at Glastonbury.