Too busy preparing for a weekend of oval-ball based sporting action? Catch up on what you might have missed on Twitter here.
- The King’s Fund has analysed 30 years of data to see how the public’s attitudes to the NHS have changed
- What would NHS spending look like if we had followed Germany’s lead since the Millennium? @jappleby123 has run the numbers
- Is medical education based on a redundant model that doesn’t meet the needs of the patients of today?
- A touching thread on what matters to children at the end of their lives
- What is the future of eHealth in the EU?
- Should the NHS learn from the aviation industry in responding to safety issues? @matthewsyed makes a compelling case
- Teaching AI to read heart scans and four other innovative technologies that could help to improve outcomes for cardiovascular disease from the @theBHF
From the USA:
- Battlefield technology that can instantly plug a life threatening wound may be on its way to more routine use
- The spiralling costs of healthcare in the US may take up half of the average social security income of Medicare beneficiaries by 2030
- Chemotherapy is falling out of favour in the treatment of breast cancer
- The perverse consequences of insurance policies that refuse to pay out for ‘inappropriate’ ER visits
- Donald Trump again promised action to tackle the opioid crisis in his State of the Union, but action on the ground has so far been limited
- Ophthalmology has come a long way since 1583