This role will lead our campaigns targeted at Governments across the UK to make real policy change happen. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside and enable people with arthritis to campaign and demand more.
The Policy, Public Affairs and Campaigns teams are focused on creating lasting change for people with arthritis. We identify the policy changes that are needed, and influence decision-makers with public affairs tactics and by campaigning alongside people with arthritis
About the role
This role will build strong partnerships with teams across the charity to maximise our shared knowledge and understanding to build captivating campaigns. They will lead the development of campaigns targeted at Government across the UK focused on policy change. They will identify ways of building stronger links with warm campaign leads and lead the growth of our ‘’Campaign Catalyst’ network of supporters.
Versus Arthritis is also exploring how it can develop a network of local touchpoints. As part of this initiative, the successful candidate will input their expertise into how we develop (including identifying how to resource) and integrate campaigning into our overall charitable local offer.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge and recent experience gained from a campaigning role in a national organisation;
- Good understanding and/or experience of campaigning on one or more of the following issues: health, social care, work, welfare;
- Direct experience of working with volunteers, and ability to demonstrate maturity and resilience;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with an ability to translate complex ideas into simple, campaigning narratives;
- Strong experience of building good working relationships with a variety of people in different teams, locations and at all levels;
- Demonstrable experience of an enthusiastic and flexible approach: able to work closely and adaptively with the immediate team and collaboratively across the entire organisation.