Cascade Communications is offering a unique opportunity to a Client Manager who wants to play an active role in shaping the growth of our business. We are looking for individuals who want to introduce and deliver fresh ideas to Cascade.
Cascade is a specialist property communications consultancy committed to delivering strategic advice and results for our clients in property, development, planning and construction. With an enviable client list and ambitious growth plans, we continue to build on our success of winning Consultancy of the Year at the 2017 Public Affairs Awards.
Established in January 2011 and based in Soho, we are seeking an ambitious and capable Client Manager to support multiple aspects of our business including client service delivery, new business and profile raising. We are looking for individuals who will fit well with Cascade’s values of entrepreneurship, creativity and teamwork and who take pride in their work down to the smallest detail. The right applicants will have a good understanding of local government, property and planning and also value the opportunity to build long lasting relationships with clients and stakeholders.
At Cascade you will have the opportunity to support a wide range of clients by guiding them through the nuances of the planning process, managing stakeholder and community consultations, and delivering communications programmes for construction sites.
As a Client Manager your role will involve:
- Acting as the project manager and main point of contact for clients on projects;
- Providing communications, stakeholder engagement and public consultation advice to clients on a variety of development projects;
- Actively contributing to new business development and networking opportunities to help grow Cascade.
- Proven agency and/or project management experience;
- Good understanding of local government and its politics and the property and planning sector;
- Excellent communication abilities, including clear and concise written work and strong inter-personal skills;
- Highly organised and capable of managing several projects concurrently;
- Ability to work as part of a small team including managing delegation, taking a lead role in the delivery of engagement programmes and demonstrating financial management; and
- Ability to develop and manage client and stakeholder relationships.
- Interest / involvement in local party politics;
- Experience of working with the media; and
- Experience of social media as a campaigning tool.