My client is a highly regarded membership body representing the automotive sector. They have a dedicated team of technical experts who help inform policy decisions, work on behalf of the sector, and keep members updated on topics effecting the industry.
This particular role calls for someone who is knowledgeable on one or more of the following technical areas:
- Air quality (Ultra Low Emission Zones & Clean Air Zones, transport);
- Climate Change (CO2, carbon policies);
- Non-technical and mobility solutions affecting the environmental performance of road transport;
- Horizontal environmental and energy policies relevant to the automotive industry.
- Proven analytical skills, demonstrable knowledge and experience of at least one of the key dossiers and of technically-based legislation mentioned above, in order to provide interpretation and guidance. Awareness of the commercial and environmental context. Good grasp of horizontal environmental and energy policies and decision-making processes affecting the automotive industry is a key advantage;
- Highly motivated team player with the drive and ability to lead across diverse teams, projects and issues, continuously challenging and developing self and able to motivate and inspire others;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form trusting working relationships with colleagues, members, government and other stakeholders;
- Effective, clear, diplomatic communicator (written, verbal and presentational), able to influence and adapt to relevant context and audience. Proven ability to bridge technical and policy discussions, to command authority in technical, legal, political discussions and to provide accurate, succinct briefings, slides and analyses to senior executives and technical and non-technical audiences;
- Competent in the use of information and communication technology commensurate with duties;
- Good project management and organisational skills. Ability to multi-task, respond flexibly to needs of business and members, and self organise work effectively on different projects and issues;
- Willingness to undertake some travel, both in the UK and internationally, to attend meetings and conferences.