The British In Vitro Diagnostics Association (BIVDA) is the national industry association for manufacturers and distributors of in vitro diagnostic tests. The role of BIVDA is to support the activities in the UK of its members and to campaign for a wider understanding of the value of diagnostic testing in healthcare. The office works routinely with politicians, NGOs and the media as part of its external activity.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated individual to join us as External Affairs Assistant. You will work closely with the External Affairs Manager and the Chief Executive to support the goals of BIVDA.
Key accountabilities include (but not limited to):
- Supporting the External Affairs Manager and Chief Executive across public affairs, policy and communications;
- Supporting the effective running of Member Working Parties, including the External Affairs Working Party;
- Building strong relationships with the BIVDA membership and stakeholders;
- Contributing to the website and social media campaigns;
- Assisting with stakeholder mapping and maintaining a database of stakeholder engagement;
- Contributing to BIVDA’s publications including the weekly members’ newsletter and stakeholder newsletter;
- Parliamentary and media monitoring;
- Arranging meetings, drafting letters and general support to the Chief Executive as required;
- General administrative support and other duties as required.
- Educated to degree level, with a minimum 2:1 grade;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- A flexible and collaborative approach is essential as is the ability to demonstrate strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrable interest in healthcare policy landscape;
- Professional demeanour and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels, within BIVDA and externally;
- Good IT skills.