A membership body.
Our client is seeking an interim Head of Corporate Affairs to lead our client’s engagement across all areas of external / corporate affairs at Westminster, Wales and EU level.
You will be responsible for:
- developing and delivering a co-ordinated stakeholder engagement strategy by engaging members and their representatives so it has their support;
- working with the Media Manager in delivering the strategy and consistent messaging on key priorities across the media and public affairs channels;
- Understanding and managing key industry risks;
- driving and delivering effective stakeholder mapping, engagement and prioritisation;
- cultivating and managing relations with journalists with the aim of raising our client and the industry’s profile;
- maintaining an effective presence in Brussels, delivering communications outcomes and initiatives.
- Successful track record in delivering public affairs and stakeholder engagement programmes;
- Experienced at influencing government in the UK at all levels and has detailed understanding of working of Westminster and Whitehall;
- Knowledge of interplay between Brussels institutions and the EU policymaking process;
- Experienced people manager, with proven track record of developing a high-performing team;
- Good knowledge of key issues affecting the food and drink manufacturing and wider FMCG.