You will have the opportunity to work for a values-driven organisation in one of the most culturally significant parts of London. Our client helps build strong community groups, aids societal cohesion and helps vulnerable people in times of need. You will be at the forefront of enhancing their reputation and furthering their mission statement. Using your expertise in strategic communications and community engagement you will contribute towards our client’s continued good work.
We are looking for an individual who can accurately and persuasively message our client’s objectives and decisions to a variety of audiences. They need to be able to build relationships across a variety of key stakeholders who must be proactively engaged with. This person will be able to build and maintain strong relationships, create consensus, as well as upholding our client’s values-driven agenda to those stakeholders. This individual will possess the gravitas to comfortably speak with politicians and the flexibility to be as equally apt, and relatable, when speaking to community groups.
Background knowledge in planning and/or the built environment is required for this role.
- Communicating and developing our client’s position to community groups, politicians, and other key stakeholders;
- Proactively manage our client’s reputation, spotting opportunities and identifying/nullifying risks;
- Work with their leadership team to cultivate advantageous external relationships;
- Stakeholder mapping, maintain knowledge of external policy developments;
- Creating briefings and reports.
Key skills and experience required
- An understanding of and experience in influencing the planning process via direct and indirect strategic communication;
- Relatable personality, a values-driven ethic and a naturally curious disposition;
- An independent thinker;
- A good writer;
- An understanding/experience of politics and the London political scene.