To respond to large and medium scale humanitarian crises by initiating, leading and supporting a humanitarian response.
- Develop the protection and inclusion capacity of the global humanitarian team through training, coaching, mentoring and project design;
- Respond to emergencies during first and second phases;
- Initiate and manage emergency operations including immediate response to rapid onset emergencies;
- Advise and support regional and country offices and partners on strategies and activities for protection and inclusion;
- Build capacity – design and implement emergency programmes;
- Represent our client in meetings at global and local levels;
- Contribute to development and monitoring of strategic and annual plans;
- Develop and deliver training;
- Develop indicators, monitoring plans and evaluations;
- Support development of policies, best practice guides, programming tools and training material.
- Experience and proven record of initiating and leading a rapid and effective humanitarian response in several recent major disasters;
- Developing and implementing community based protection interventions;
- Case management;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Programme management and leadership skills;
- Experience of emergency preparedness and a clear understanding of the emergency preparedness process;
- Experience in preparing successful funding proposals.