The role is suitable for someone who already has a strong grasp of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and has been managing and setting up research projects from scratch. You should also have a passion for understanding what makes people tick and be able to translate that understanding into compelling stories which inspire others. You should be comfortable selecting the appropriate methodologies, running your own research, moderating focus groups, conducting interviews, and analysing results, as well as managing research agencies to design and deliver research for our larger projects.
You will be:
- Advising on appropriate data collection methods, designing and managing both qualitative and quantitative projects, from briefing, writing questionnaires and discussion guides through to analysis, reporting and presenting the findings verbally and in written reports;
- Monitoring and compiling third-party information and researching and writing literature reviews;
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of two Insight Officers, allocating their workload and supporting the Head of Insight with their professional development;
- Managing and monitoring the insight budget and expenditure;
- Building relationships and credibility with external stakeholders and insight counterparts;
- Working closely with the Communications team to provide the information and support necessary to recommend subject matter for consumer campaigns and contributing insight content;
- Working closely with the innovation team to help them generate ideas from the insights and to provide monitoring and evaluation for their programmes of work.
- Possess a relevant qualification or appropriate experience in a related research/insight role;
- Experience in a market and/or social research environment, regularly using both quantitative and qualitative techniques;
- Good current working knowledge of the latest online and offline research methodologies, tools and protocols;
- Analytical and numerate with experience interpreting data;
- Competent in survey design and analysis;
- Competent in conducting qualitative interviews and focus groups;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good presentation skills and confidence to speak in public.