Smart Energy GB is the voice of the smart meter rollout. We're independent of government, we're not an energy supplier and we don't fit smart meters. We're here to make sure everyone in Great Britain understands smart meters, the rollout and how to use their meters to get their gas and electricity under control.
Purpose of the job
The Policy and Public Affairs Assistant will play an important role within the department supporting the work of the Policy and Public Affairs team. Providing assistance in the delivery and administration of key sections of our communications campaign, work that’s essential to the company as a whole. This is an interim role covering a period of maternity leave.
Key tasks / responsibilities
- Supporting the production of communication materials and the organisation of activities in line with Smart Energy GB’s Policy and Public Affairs Strategy;
- Preparation and on-going management of policy and public affairs target databases;
- Monitoring and analysis of policy and political developments, and the collation and production of reports;
- Supporting pro-active and reactive interaction with stakeholders in Westminster, Whitehall and third parties;
- The administration of external and internal meetings and events;
- Undertaking research activities and producing research analysis and reports;
- Supporting the Head of Policy and Public Affairs and organisation of the team’s wider activities as necessary;
- Supporting the Public Correspondence Officer in responding to questions from members of the public;
- The role will involve a certain amount of travel within Great Britain and occasional evening and weekend working.
Skills, experience and competencies
- Ability to organise own work effectively, prioritising competing workloads and working to tight timescales during peak times;
- Proven ability to digest and interpret complex or technical information for a variety of audiences;
- Knowledge and appreciation of the current UK policy and political landscape;
- Competent using IT, including experience of using Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and used to managing information and data with accuracy;
- Strong team player, bringing a positive attitude, flexibility and willingness to deliver and focus on outcomes and results to all aspects of their work;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/writing);
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB;
- Appreciate the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work.
- Experience in the workings of Westminster and Whitehall, gained working in a political or stakeholder environment.
Every member of our team goes above and beyond, helps one another out and contributes to the achievement of our ambitious goals. We think it’s only right for us to reward them accordingly:
- Competitive pension scheme;
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays);
- Subsidised gym memberships;
- Season ticket loan;
- 5 annual volunteer days;
- Option to buy additional annual leave;
- One four week fully paid sabbatical (after 3 years of service);
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Childcare voucher scheme;
- Free breakfast – to support a positive working environment, a free breakfast and healthy snacks are provided everyday.
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview if requesting to be considered under this scheme.