Clayton Desant is currently recruiting on behalf of a leading financial services business lobby who are recruiting for an International Policy & Government Relations Executive (6 month contract).
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in working on behalf of the financial services industry to develop and influence policy-led relationships that will secure market related opportunities in the Eurasia region.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development of a policy agenda that seeks to create opportunities for industry to engage with key decision-makers in the respective Eurasia countries and markets;
- Engaging with senior business leaders, the UK and other governments to foster bilateral communications that will focus on trade related discussions, business opportunities and so on;
- Working with the sector committees and councils to identify and address any policy concerns that may arise as a result of trade and market access discussions.
Required knowledge, skills & experience:
- Demonstrable experience of policy development and international engagement on financial services (or related) policy concerns;
- Knowledge and experience of international trade policy;
- Knowledge and experience of engaging with the UK government and the governments of countries in the Eurasia region;
- Strong knowledge, or the ability to develop such knowledge, of the relevant networks of policy-makers, regulators etc. in the region;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with very senior policy-makers, politicians, officials and business leaders;
- A delivery focused attitude with strong project management skills.
This is an outstanding opportunity to contribute to laying the foundations for trade and business opportunities in a post-Brexit Britain.