A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Policy Adviser. You will:
- You will support the development of policies which influence the outcome of public policy in the interests of our strategic and tactical objectives. You will help raise our profile on relevant issues so that we are associated with clear and persuasive views and policy positions. This will involve the production of high quality policy papers, consultation responses, and evidence-based research reports;
- Guided by your manager, and working closely with the policy governance committees/working groups, you will implement policies from the Association’s work programme;
- You may on occasion be asked to act as a spokesperson for the Association on your areas of responsibility at industry events and in the media;
- You will represent the Association at meetings and events, when required. You will deputise for your manager where appropriate.
You will have:
- A reasonable knowledge and understanding of financial services policy or another regulated market;
- Proven experience of undertaking policy work in Government, a stakeholder body or political organisation;
- An understanding of working in a membership body;
- Successful experience of working in a complex organisation, where cross-functional working is required.