Want to work to advocate something that makes a tangible difference to peoples’ lives?
Looking for a role you where you can influence brand new policy areas?
Protection products genuinely help people in times of great distress. They help them get people back into the workplace after illness, provide a safety net when they can’t, and ensure families have financial support after the loss of a loved one.
As Policy Adviser, Protection Insurance Policy, you’ll work as part of a close-knit team to be the face of the ABI in representing our members in the Protection market. You’ll ensure the positive value played by protection insurers to individuals, households, employers, the wider society and the economy is properly represented.
The core of your role will be to identify, develop and deliver policy proposals that shape a favourable legal and regulatory environment for protection insurers which helps to provide a safety net to as many individuals and businesses as possible.
Day to day, your role is likely to include:
- Researching and drafting consultation responses;
- Developing policy positions and initiatives to demonstrate the value of the products to government, the consumer and to wider society;
- Identify and proactively make recommendations to address any reputational risks;
- Lead research, analysis and policy work on the interaction between Welfare benefits and protection insurance;
- Lead the ABI’s policy work in relation to the Government’s work and health agenda;
- Work with the ABI Data Analytics Team on ABI collection and publication of data;
- Build effective relationships with staff in member firms, developing a strong understanding of their commercial environment and the impact of existing and forthcoming regulation and legislation;
- On occasions you will have the opportunity to present and speak at various conferences.
We’re looking for:
- You’ll need to be skilled at putting together evidence based, compelling policy initiatives andpassionate about representing our members. Your approach to projects is determined and tenacious and you’ll patiently work through any issues.
- A good head for data and how it tells a story will be helpful in this role and you’ll work closely with our Data and Analytics team to do this.
- Confidence presenting to a variety of audiences and ensuring the content is tailored to them is vital, as well as strong lobbying skills and ability to influence others.
- You don’t need to have worked in insurance previously but you will need to have had some exposure to a policy environment and have a good understanding of the current UK political landscape.
The ABI is the voice of the UK’s world leading insurance and long-term savings industry. A productive, inclusive and thriving sector, we are an industry that provides peace of mind to households and businesses across the UK and powers the growth of local and regional economies by enabling trade, risk taking, investment and innovation.