Our client is seeking a Policy & Public Affairs Adviser who will lead on a number of research projects, and represent our client in communications with its members and stakeholders, including Government.
- Draft high quality policy papers, briefings and reports;
- Manage research projects to a high standard;
- Establish and maintain a bank of existing relevant internal evidence, data and research with the potential to inform research projects and policy development;
- Use initiative to develop new work streams, originate new research and projects to successfully represent our client’s members;
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders and members;
- Monitor Parliamentary debates and political discourse to ensure that politicians and others are kept informed of relevant information and statistics;
- Develop and maintain an overview of stakeholders and potential partners with an interest in the themes which form part of our Client’s policy research;
- Identify external events, consultations and initiatives to which our client might contribute, linked to their research, knowledge, publications, and policy positions;
- Support the delivery of policy events with internal and external stakeholders to discuss key policy issues, and/or launch publications and policy content, including co-ordination with partners, guests, and liaison with contributors/speakers
- Good networking and team working skills;
- Experienced in drafting high quality policy papers, briefings and reports;
- Highly motivated individual able to work collaboratively across teams, or individually to deliver results;
- Demonstrable experience of developing and influencing policy which has successfully shaped national and/or local legislation, policy or practice;
- Good understanding or demonstrable experience of the workings of Government and Whitehall.