UKHospitality is the voice representing the broad hospitality sector – everything from bars, coffee shops, contract catering, hotels, nightclubs, visitor attractions and other leisure venues.
Formed from the merger of the Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers and the British Hospitality Association in April 2018, it represents and promotes the sector, shares best practice and creates an unrivalled networking platform.
Hospitality is a major contributor to the UK economy: it employs 3.2m people, generates £130bn in economic activity, and pays £39bn in tax. It is the 3rd largest private sector employer in the UK; double the size of financial services and bigger than automotive, pharmaceuticals and aerospace combined.
The Policy and Public Affairs Executive will work with and provide policy and public affairs support to the CEO, comms team and expert advisers, accounting directly to the Policy Director and engaging with industry, government and other key stakeholders.
The Policy and Public Affairs Executive will:
- Produce UKH policy reports, papers and communications. In particular UKH position statements, consultations and guidance/compliance for UKH members (with a focus on food, nutrition, obesity, sustainability, packaging reduction, the digital economy, WRAP);
- Represent UKH to allocated public sector organisations or other policy-related stakeholders (including DEFRA Stakeholders group, DoH, Public Health England, SALSA, Food Standards Agency);
- Review, update and add new policy content to the UKH website;
- Assist in developing political campaigns;
- Write policy updates for the UKH newsletter, board papers and other updates;
- Administer the UKH Food Experts Group, Nutrition Group, Restaurant Association and contract catering forum including the organisation of meetings, agendas and papers, speakers, minutes;
- Support colleagues to lobby government and work with public institutions and other third parties where appropriate; to offer support on policy-related research and member surveys;
- Supporting events related to food policy, TiFSiP, Hotelympia, Food Matters Live, WRAP;
- Produce yearly Food Service Management report, and contribute to UKH Trends report;
- Oversee the ongoing development of the Catering Industry Guide including distribution, queries and marketing;
- Develop the UKH Obesity Strategy and sustainability plans.