STEP is seeking a Policy Executive to aid in the delivery with policymakers and regulatory authorities across the world. STEP works closely with policymakers and regulatory authorities across the world to examine the likely impact on families of policy proposals and to develop guidance and support.
The Policy Executive assists in delivery of STEP’s public policy and professional standards initiatives and to work closely with Director of Policy and STEP’s Technical Counsel to engage external and internal stakeholders on policy issues of relevance to the Society. A key part of the role will be to work closely with some of STEP’s most senior members to develop clear and coherent arguments, statistics and data with the aim of enhancing STEP’s reputation as trusted partner in public policy discussions. You will also be closely involved in STEP’s work to maintain its reputation and public trust via the maintenance of high professional standards among its members.
- Providing policy analysis and research on matters related to the needs of STEP’s membership;
- Providing insight into governmental processes;
- Assisting in the development and delivery of comprehensive and effective campaigns and strategies;
- Develop and maintain the policy area of the STEP website with pertinent links, consultation responses and other policy-related matters;
- Support the work of senior STEP Committees.
- Demonstrable experience in public/government affairs or a similar role is essential;
- Knowledge of/experience in the tax/legal services/finance sectors desirable;
- An understanding of the UK, European, and International political arenas.