A Membership Body
The post holder will be responsible for leading an experienced team of Policy Advisors and expert Committees to ensure positive law reform and policy impact on a range of subject areas.
You will be responsible for:
- Acting as a senior representative of the organisation externally and internally, liaise with Whitehall and stakeholders across the profession and related institutions and experts, media and press;
- Focusing on reactive policy development to meet the needs of members and also develop proactive policy development programmes and campaigns which focus on the priority issues;
- Leading debate on relevant issues externally, to help set the external direction of travel and develop campaigns which have impact and influence including liaison with senior stakeholders, ministerial departments, the press and other stakeholders;
- Leading member facing engagement, planning and delivering nationwide engagement activities.
- Strong leadership and team management skills;
- Skilled within regulation policy – either having worked as a lawyer or with a strong compliance background;
- Experience of working with committees and experts;
- Substantial experience and a track record of success in analysis and policy development;
- Strong understanding of the legal, economic and political system;
- Ability to analyse complex issues and assess their implications for the profession and Law Society policy on that issue and to set the agenda proactively – both internally and externally;
- Ability to horizon scan and take a strategic view of the issues which may affect the profession;
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant policy and legislative environment.