As the Policy Manager (Employment & Labour Market) you will be leading the development of policy outputs and delivering lobbying strategies on issues affecting the labour market in the UK. These issues include immigration, fair and inclusive work places, pensions policy and more.
- Leading on the development of an evidence based policy portfolio on employment issues;
- Developing and delivering policy and public affairs strategies that meet the needs of business;
- Advocating on public platforms;
- Supporting the Head of Employment Policy on leading and managing the outputs of the junior team, overseeing policy and campaigns projects on cross cutting issues.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience in evidence based policy development in the UK;
- Demonstrable experience of influencing the UK government through the delivery of lobbying campaigns;
- Experience of employment policy/ labour market issues (desirable) or a strong interest in the area;
- Existing experience in line management or strong potential to take on such responsibility; through previously aligned experience (managing interns/ projects etc.);
- An acute political antennae infused with strong commercial acumen;
- The ability to work autonomously and to own initiative.