One of the UK's leading Energy organisations is looking for a Policy Manager.
Our client is the leading association representing the energy industry and they are looking to recruit a new policy manager on issues facing energy suppliers in the UK market. Energy policy is an essential part of the government’s agenda at all times and is under close scrutiny from everyone including consumer groups, political parties, and the energy providers.
As the Policy Manager you will be responsible for:
- Organising, supporting and reporting to committees, working groups and other stakeholder groups to formulate policy positions that contribute to the delivery of the organisation’s vision;
- Co-ordinating on delegated areas across the sector and ensuring members are kept up to date with a range of retail-related developments, developing policy positions, consultation responses and preparing industry reports for submission to Government and the regulator;
- Developing and maintaining positive working relations with a wide variety of stakeholders including MPs, Government officials, NGOs, policy think tanks, consumer advocates and other opinion formers.
To qualify as the Policy Manager it is essential that you have:
- Experience of developing policy positions and a good knowledge of policy processes, with strong analytical and writing skills;
- The ability to assess individual positions and their impact on the broader picture, as well as an awareness of key policy makers and opinion formers;
- The ability to understand and communicate complex issues and shape consensus amongst different stakeholders.