As the membership organisation for owners of land, property and businesses in rural England and Wales, the CLA (Country Land and Business Association) speaks for everyone who believes in a living and working countryside, promoting its members’ interests and influencing decision-makers to ensure the positive development of the rural economy.
We are looking for a Public Affairs Adviser to join our in house public affairs team which has a strong track record in delivering lobbying success on behalf of CLA members.
This full-time role will work closely with the Director of External Affairs and Public Affairs Manager to deliver national parliamentary lobbying both in Westminster and the Welsh Assembly.
The successful candidate is likely to be educated to degree level and have proven experience in public affairs, ideally working within Parliament or in a closely related role.
The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of delivering political or other social media campaigns;
- A detailed knowledge of how the Parliamentary process works;
- Excellent communication skills which demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Demonstrable experience of successful team working.