A transport business that supports the journeys of over 20 million passengers per year is looking for a Public Affairs Manager. The organisation faces a broad range of public policy challenges including infrastructure, Brexit, energy and trade.
In this newly created Public Affairs Manager role, you will manage engagement with political stakeholders across local, regional, national and European governments. You will provide insight, briefings and analysis and develop an in-depth understanding of the business in order to clearly articulate its role in the UK economy. Additionally, you will also spot communications opportunities to enhance and protect their reputation.
- Government relations experience gained in any of the following environments – in-house corporate, civil service, consultancy or politics;
- Degree qualified with strong intellectual rigor;
- Strong writer who can produce high quality briefings, speeches, policy documents and analysis;
- Proven experience of developing strong relationships with policymakers;
- Experience of operating in an international environment;
- Second European language – ideally French.